What a day!

Wow, today was a crazy busy day. It was just one of those days where I didn’t get one chance to sit down to catch my breath. I started the day with a job interview. I spent a good hour getting ready; hair, makeup, and fancy clothes. This is very different from every other day; hair in messy bun, a teeny bit of coverup and mascara, and gym clothes lol. I brought two of the kiddos to their camps then scooted off to the interview.

Unfortunately, the job interview was not at all what I expected. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that the job I thought I was applying for was not the job they were interviewing me for. Bummer. But at least I was over prepared and am ready for the next one !

After that, I rushed home so that I could squeeze in a run before picking up my middle kiddo from his camp. I decided to do a 4 mike lake run with the baby in the jogging stroller. The wind was not my friend, and that 25 pound baby did not lighten my load at all haha.

After picking up middle kiddo from camp, we did a drive thru McDonald’s lunch and headed home to kill time before I had to turn around and pick up my oldest from his camp. I cleaned my car, tried to lighten the laundry loads, and managed to put the baby down for a nap. The baby had only been asleep for 15 minutes before I had to wake him up to go pick up my oldest.

After picking up my oldest, we had about 45 minutes to kill before his first football practice of the season. I managed to return overdue library books and grab my much needed dunkin iced coffee and arrive just in time for his practice. His 2 hour practice was long and tiring for both him and I lol. While he was running sprints and rotating stations, I was sweating trying to chase after my middle one and soothe my cranky teething baby.

Finally practice was over. Then it was time to cook dinner…… breakfast night ! The “quick” and easy dinner meal when you don’t actually want to cook. It was 8 pm, I was whipping up eggs and making pancakes with rainbow sprinkles in them. The boys gobbled them down and then one of them, not sure which one, spilled water and maple syrup everywhere. Yay me! LOL.

“Okay, you can do this!”

That is what I kept telling myself as I was trying to clean up dinner while the boys were fighting in the bathroom over the toothpaste. After they were settled on the couch watching their bedtime tv, I managed to tackle some of the stacks of dishes in the sink and find where a rotten smell was coming from (old, moldy food under the stove…..gross). I fed the baby his bedtime bottle and he quickly passed right out.

Okay, bedtime for the boys. I tucked them in, gave them kisses, filled their waters, said goodnight, tucked them back in after they decided they weren’t ready for bed, gave them more kisses, tucked them in again after they both decided they had to pee really bad, more kisses, tucked them in AGAIN after they needed more water, more kisses, and then a final GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy. What a tiring day. But I wouldn’t trade this life for the world. ❀️